Zakopane, a legendary resort situated 100km south of Krakow, lies in a valley at the foot of the Tatra Mountains range. Although they are much smaller than the Alps, they represent the scenic alpine type of landscape and they are very famous for having a unique and diverse fauna and flora. Zakopane is the most famous Polish centre of both mountaineering and skiing, and every summer and winter it is visited by a few million of tourists. The charming, local architecture of log houses and churches, stunning views of the rocky Tatras and cozy restaurants serving local food, make Zakopane a top destination for a weekend break.
You can also check the full list of our top rated Zakopane tours and activities.
- Highlights of the Krakow to Zakopane tour:
- Zakopane must sees: 'Wielka Krokiew' ski jumping hill, wooden churches and cottages
- A local sculpturer's house visit
- A small manufacture of local, handmade cheese
- Funicular train ride to Gubalowka hill
- Optionally Morskie Oko mountain lake visit or cable car ride up to 2000m
- Krakow to Zakopane Day Trip:
- 8 h private tour with an English speaking licensed guide and door-to-door transport
Pick-up time and date are on request. Our guide picks you up from your Krakow hotel/apartment. Details of the meeting will be arranged via e-mail.
- Transport from Krakow to Zakopane (2 h)
- Zakopane sightseeing (4 h)
A ski jumping hill, wooden churches and cottages. A local sculpturer's house. A small manufacture of local cheese. Tickets for a funicular train. Optionally Morskie Oko mountain lake visit or cable car ride up to 2000m.
- Return to Krakow (2 h)